We recognize that cost can be a barrier to some families and have created a sponsorship fund to help subsidize the costs of our programs for those families who could use a little extra support. As a recreational program we do not have the same government subsidized funding of a licensed preschool.
If you are struggling financially or physically to find the gear we recommend for Forest School or with the cost of Forest School please contact us.
There are three ways you can help us support families experiencing financial challenges.
- Donate gear your child has outgrown to our clothing library so that we can pass it on at low or no cost.
- Funds from our clothing library sales are allocated to our sponsorship fund and used to reduce fees for qualifying families.
- You can sell you gear on our gear swap page to other Sprouting Knowledge families.
- We have two fundraisers to buy great stuff you need anyway where all proceeds go toward our sponsorship fund.
We encourage families to label their gear and what’s easier than a fabulous fun sticker! You can buy 80 labels for $19 with free shipping!
- Go to this website: https://mabelslabels.com/support-a-fundraiser
- Search for Sprouting Knowledge (Kamloops) and press enter
- You’ll get a brief message at the top of the page that says “you are now supporting Sprouting Knowledge”
- That’s it!
My personal favorite are these two but of course you can pick any you like.
This is a Canadian company selling synthetic base layers made in Comox BC!
A decade ago, when my daughter was a preschooler, Stripes were the only long underwear I could find in her size. They were rainbow and awesome and she wore the heck out of them, along with her brother and two other kids after her!
I’m delighted to be partnering with them and encouraging you to buy a locally made product.
At $34 for a top or a bottom these are totally worth it for the rainbows alone.
Enter the discount code Sproutingknowledge for 10% off your order and 10% of your purchase is credited toward our sponsorship fund. Win win. I love it.
Follow the link here to get yours: http://www.stripesgear.com?aff=16