A program for parents & their child ages 0-3
Build community and learn about yourself and your child in a peaceful nourishing environment.
Our Parent & Child program is an opportunity to share with you some of the ways we can foster a deep connection to the natural world for both you and your children. In this mentoring program we discuss how we are role models for the children in our lives and discover ways we can share our love for the natural world with our children. Together we will share celebrations of children’s growth and development and you’ll get to hear all about how excited we (as child education professionals) get about what kids learn about themselves from consistent long-term exposure to the outdoors.
We integrate parents and siblings into the experience,
with opening and closing circles, storytelling, crafts, observations and even celebrations!
Fall 2023 Session Details
Parents and their children under 3 @ Peterson Creek Park, Kamloops
9:00am-10:30am OR 11am-12:30pm
Sept 20 – Oct 25
Cost $90 – 6 classes
Together we will share:
- Storytelling and songs
- Nature Mentoring discussions
- Ways to deepen your connection to nature everyday
- Adventures, meanders and wanders of discovery and inquiry
- Plant identification & observation (edible, medicinal, hazardous!)
- Stewardship and learning to tread lightly
- Nature crafts
- Basic wilderness skills (as desired by the group – shelters, knots, clothing, whistles, orienteering etc.)
- Much more!
We’re sorry but registration for is closed. Spring registration for this program begins Feb 15th