We are looking for leaders who love being out in nature, playing games, singing songs and telling stories.
If you need a part-time side gig and want a work environment that nourishes your heart and soul we have a place for you.
We are looking for engaging, creative and dynamic individuals to facilitate our outdoor programming for children.
We have a variety of age and commitment dynamics to suit a range of availability.
You will be part of a two-person team responsible for preparing and implementing a wide range of outdoor modules, activities, play and games. Program planning and site preparation is provided your role is to facilitate on site. During the program, you will be fully present and focused on the participants’ safety and experience.
You will report directly to the program director who is completely available to you for mentorship, guidance and support.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about outdoor learning with an ability to reach children to create a mentor relationship of mutual trust. The goal is to help foster curiosity in young people and be a dedicated ally in the process of wilderness learning.
Qualified Applicants Possess:
- High level risk assessment skills (we can train you but you must be committed to this vital skill)
- First Aid with CPR (Remote/Wilderness preferred)
- Passion for teaching in an outdoor setting
- Organization skills & working well in a team
- Punctuality & 100% focus on the participants
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to carry a large backpack and be physically able to walk up to 2km over various terrain.
- A creative and engaging character
Not necessary but bonus skills:
- Basic awareness of human psychology and development
- Basic knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Strong foundation in survival/outdoor knowledge and skills, with specific interests or passions
We are looking for passionate people to help support our vision of connecting children to themselves through playful experiences in nature. If our work is dear to your heart and you have time and space to offer us we would LOVE to hear from you.
Nitty Gritty Details:
We pay some of the highest wages in the industry and are always looking for ways we can pay our staff more.
We work in teams of 2, with the exception of our parent and child program which is facilitated solo.
|3 X 12 weeks
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and single page letter telling us why you want to work with us & what option works for you to krystal(at)sproutingknowledge.com
Subject line: Nature Program Leader
All qualified applicants must be able to work legally in Canada. Criminal record, reference checks and qualification verification will be completed before any appointment.