Creative Movement Games
123 Where Are You? (1-3)
Spider web obstacle course
– yarn & bells
Going on a Bear Hunt
What time is it Mr. Wolf?
Cougar Stalks Deer
Please Otter may we cross the river?
Rabbits to Deer
Spider and Fly’s tag variation
Red Light Green Light
Duck, Duck, Goose (bird, bird, worm, squirrel, squirrel, fox)
North, South, East or West
I Spy – Running variation
Fine Motor Games for Warm Weather
//Simple Blanket Games
//Advanced Skills Games
Fire in the Forest
Otter Steals Fish
Wooly Worms & Hungry Birds
Shades of the woodland/Color match
The great circle (mandala)
Tree Hunt – matching cards to trees
Giant Birds Nest
Drummer in the woods
Noah’s Ark – animal cards/sounds partners
- Sticky Elbows
- Counting Friends
- Apple World (Forest School Games)
- “Swap places if…”
- “Head honcho”
- “I found a pine cone on the ground and put it in my pocket, on the way to forest school I think I might’ve dropped it” (duck duck goose style game to tune of Yankee Doodle)
- Pass the smile/squeeze
- When in a waiting room with magazines, turn the magazine into a scavenger hunt.
Instruct your child to find something purple, something that starts with C etc.
- Take out a penny and try to drop it so it lands on your shoe without falling off.
- Drop a small scrap of paper. Kids try to catch it with two fingers before it hits the ground.
- Choose 3 items from your purse and challenge kids to invent a story with them.
- Play ‘I spy’
6. Name a category and your child has 10 seconds to name as many things in that category as possible.