Are you looking for a fulfilling job where you can share your heart every day?
Where you come to a park where your role is to play games and notice nature?
We are looking for an engaging, creative and dynamic individual to fill the role of Outdoor Adventure Co-Facilitator.
You will be working with children ages 3-5 in our Forest School programming model.
You will be part of a team responsible for preparing and implementing a wide range of outdoor programs, activities, play and games. You will help with prep work before the start of program, including, but not limited to designing program, gathering and creating materials, visiting the site, etc.
During program, you will be present and focused on the participants’ safety and experience. After program, you may be engaging with parents/guardians, debriefing with other staff, submitting incident reports, and gathering and maintaining materials, as well as other tasks.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about outdoor learning with an ability to reach out to children and create a relationship of mutual trust through a mentoring relationship. The goal is to help foster curiosity in young people and be a dedicated ally in the process of wilderness learning.
Qualified Applicants Possess:
- Valid First Aid with CPR (Wilderness preferred)
- Experience working in an outdoor setting.
- Organization skills and an ability to be part of a facilitation team
- Commitment to being on time and focused on the participants
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to carry a large backpack and be physically able to walk up to 6km over various terrain.
- Energetic, creative and engaging character traits
- Knowledge of various teaching approaches, and willingness to learn mentoring-style of education
Nitty Gritty Details:
We offer a competitive wage $20-30/hr depending on experience and qualifications.
This is a part-time position weekday mornings 8:30-12:30.
It is a total of 16 hours per week of 544/year.
There are additional program opportunities to increase your hours. You would be leading those programs.
We prefer ECEs, EAs or BC Teacher’s with a solid background in child development.
We are looking for passionate people to help support our vision of connecting children to themselves through playful experiences in nature. If our work is dear to your heart and you have time and space to offer us we would LOVE to hear from you.
Start Date: Spring 2022
Not necessary but bonus skills:
- Basic knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Strong foundation in survival/outdoor knowledge and skills, with specific interests or passions
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and single page cover letter telling us why you want to work with us to krystal(at)sproutingknowledge.com with the subject line: Outdoor Adventure Co-Facilitator Position