Outdoor Adventures for Ages 3 & 4
Let your child discover all that their amazing body can do!
A preschool age child is at the perfect age to explore and deeply appreciate all that the outdoors has to offer. Whether they are discovering the properties of mud in an outdoor mud kitchen or creating games in a tree stump getting dirty, climbing rocks, and finding their way safely and happily through the forest this is all part of an outdoor adventure experience. They discover exactly all of the wonderful things they are capable of as they explore, climb, run, jump and crawl through the forest.
After a day outdoors your child’s eyes will sparkle as they tell you about all of the things they did.
Nitty Gritty Details About Our Sessions
- Programs run from 9am-12pm
- Meet in Lower Peterson creek at Glenfair entrance
- $315/session (when signing up for a single session)
- 12 week session $26.25/class
- $285/session (when signing up for consecutive sessions. ie. all year)
- 12 week session $23.75/class
How to Register
- Ensure you have read our Parent Handbook
- Choose which days you’d like to attend
Monday – Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday
- Choose a program length
- 12 week seasonal session (Fall, Winter, Spring)
- the whole year (September-June)
- Check our calendar & attend Parent Orientation
- Ready? Register for our 2019/20 session
NOTE: Parent Orientation Sessions are mandatory.
A typical day in preschool….
If you’d like to get to know what we are all about come visit! We love having new friends come join us while we play. Contact krystal(at)sproutingknowledge(dot)com to schedule a visit.
- Drop-off/Pack Check – We meet in the parking lot where the group leader and the parents will go through a clothing checklist to ensure each child is properly prepared for the adventure ahead.
- Activation Game – we slip into our nature awareness by getting playful and practicing skills
- Circle/Story – We begin our day together by settling in for a story and some songs
- Snack – Before we head out we refuel. We wash our hands, sing a blessing and share food and conversations. Children bring their own litter-free snack to fuel their busy bodies.
- Wander – We then set out on a small hike to one of our many play sites. Each site takes us a little further into the park and we return to each place for only 3 weeks each season to ensure our landscape has a chance to rest & recover.
- Play – The heart of our program is child-led play. Facilitators often have activities or a tool to show/share with the children but they are free to come and go as they please. Facilitators encourage and support the children to learn, explore and play freely & deeply with each other. We are always nearby and attentive to lend a helping hand or suggestions as they learn to communicate with each other.
- Wander – With full hearts and dirty hands our backpacks go back on for a joyful hike back through the park to return to the parking lot for pick up. Everyone carries all their things in their pack, including the facilitators!
- Pick Up – We wait at the yellow gate
Read some stories of our day on our blog.