Think you’ve found your dream job?
Our Application & Hiring Process:
Sprouting Knowledge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job placement is made on the basis of qualifications.
- Diploma or Degree in Children’s Education.
- Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR training.
- Show an ongoing interest in professional development that deepens their understanding of nature based education
- Must be physically fit and able to carry a moderately sized pack or small child
Responsibilities of the Instructors at Sprouting Knowledge:
- Support the day-to-day operations of their program
- Organization, preparation & maintenance of outdoor sites, program materials, and activities
- Arrive prepared with proper gear & attire for being outdoors for the duration of your shift
- Maintain excellent open and constructive communication between co-workers, parents and participants
- Maintain positive relationships with all co-workers, parents and participants
- Support and guide children toward learning developmentally appropriate physical, social and emotional skills
- Periodically attend workshops and training relevant to outdoor education & physical literacy
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Maintain clear & consistent physical boundaries to keep the children safe
- Set boundaries with children and establish a safe environment
- Constantly be aware of where ALL children are at all times
- Consistently and routinely assess risk to yourself, the children and the program
- Complete site checks upon arriving at every play space
- Complete tick checks throughout and at the end of every program
- Complete incident report procedures as needed
Tues & Thur 8:45-11:45 – Fall – Winter – Spring Sessions
Mon-Fri 8:30-3pm – Spring/Summer Camp Sessions
Other hours as needed by additional programming
Wage is $15-20/hr depending on skills & experience
There are many opportunities for environmental education and I would love to create and work with amazing people to create jobs they love.
To apply please submit a cover letter, current resume and brief personal biography.
Tell me why you want to work with me and what your dream job looks like.
Please attach references and letters of professional recommendation on a separate sheet and send to:
Please send an email to krystal(at)sproutingknowledge.com
Subject line: Outdoor Adventure Co-Facilitator