A program for preschoolers ages 3 & 4
Tuesday & Thursday Mornings
Peterson Creek Park – 8:45am-11:45am
(September through June)
Each Session is 12 weeks long – $300/session
Fall Session – COMPLETED!
Winter Session – January 2 – March 22
*Parent orientation December 2 – 9:30-10am
Spring Session – April 3 – June 21
*Parent orientation March 24 – 9:30-10am
*PLEASE NOTE: Parent Orientation Sessions are mandatory before attending.
Let your child discover all that their amazing body can do!
A preschool age child is at the perfect age to explore and deeply appreciate all that the outdoors has to offer. Whether they are discovering the properties of mud in an outdoor mud kitchen or creating games in a tree stump getting dirty, climbing rocks, and finding their way safely and happily through the forest this is all part of an outdoor adventure experience. They discover exactly all of the wonderful things they are capable of as they explore, climb, run, jump and crawl through the forest.
After a day outdoors your child’s eyes will sparkle
as they tell you about all of the things they did.
A typical day in preschool….
- Drop-off/Pack Check – We meet in the parking lot where the group leader and the parents will go through a clothing checklist to ensure each child is properly prepared for the adventure ahead.
- Hike – Our day begins with a small hike to one of four play sites. Each site takes us deeper into the park and we return to each place for only 3 weeks each season to ensure our environment has a chance to rest & recover.
- Circle/Story – We begin our day together by taking off our packs and settling in for a story and songs
- Play – The bulk of our time is spent on play. Teachers are very hands off to allow children to learn, explore and play freely & deeply with each other. We are always nearby and attentive to lend a helping hand or suggestions of language as they learn to communicate with each other.
- Snack – Snack brings the group back together where they are each given a warm cloth to wipe their hands, after a blessing song a snack is shared together. Children bring a litter-free snack to fuel their busy bodies
- Explore/Wander/Hike – When everyone has had a drink of water or warm tea and a full belly backpacks go back on for a joyful hike back through the park to return to the parking lot for pick up. Everyone carries all their things in their pack, including the teacher!
- Pick Up – We wait at the yellow gate!