A program for parents & their child ages 0-4
Wednesday Mornings – $125 Spring Series
Peterson Creek Park 9:30am-11:30am
April 18th-June 20th
An opportunity for parents to learn how (and why) we do what we do!
Our Forest Play program is our opportunity to share with you ways to foster a deep connection to the natural world for both you and your children. In this mentoring program we discuss how we are role models for the children in our lives and discover ways we can share our love for the natural world with our children. Together we will share celebrations of children’s growth and development and you’ll get to hear all about how geeked we (as child education professionals) get about what kids learn about themselves from consistent long-term exposure to the outdoors.
We integrate parents and siblings into the experience,
with opening and closing circles, storytelling, crafts, observations and even celebrations!
- Storytelling and songs
- Nature Mentoring discussions
- Ways to deepen your connection to nature everyday
- Adventures, meanders and wanders of discovery and inquiry
- Plant identification & observation (edible, medicinal, hazardous!)
- Stewardship and learning to tread lightly
- Nature crafts
- Basic wilderness skills (as desired by the group – shelters, knots, clothing, whistles, orienteering etc.)
- Much more!